Code of conduct
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative community. As members of this community, we pledge to uphold the following standards in our interactions:
Chain of Connections
Networking is a major part of any social engagement and everyone’s network takes time, effort and nurturing to establish. Therefore, we must protect the network that every member brings into the community with respect and consideration.
1. If you offer to make a connection, you will do so without being chased down by the person you offered to help.
2. If a person you were connected to helps you, you will credit the person/people who connected you and do everything in your power to keep them in the conversation.
3. Should a financial transaction occur as the result of connections, you will endeavor to reach out to the individual(s) who connected you and either formalize the relationship or return the favor in a manner that seems to be fair to all parties.
4. You will show up on time to meetings or calls and not cancel without valid reasons.
5. You will respond within 3 days to any introduction made, even just to inform the individual that you are unable to respond more fully until a later date—no exceptions except life/family emergencies.
6. You will at all times keep the contact information and knowledge of your connections private unless you have their permission to share that information.
Lead with Value
When everyone aims to give first, we all receive much more as a result. Look to offer support, resources, introductions, and guidance without expecting anything in exchange, and we will enjoy a community of abundance.
Keep an Open Mind
Our community is diverse in background, experience level, financial status, age, and industry. Everyone has their gift, and we are here to appreciate what we can each bring to the table. There’s something you can learn from everyone.
Seek Win-Win-Win Collaborations
We encourage collaborations between members, and request that you always set out to create a win for you, a win for your partner, and a win for everyone else affected by your initiative, typically the consumer.
Friendship First, Business Second
There will be plenty of opportunity to partner with, invest in, or raise investment from other members. We expect that you focus on authentic friendship first, and let these opportunities arise organically.
Keep It Clean
It’s important that we leave the spaces we gather in better than we found them, take care of our own bodies, and respect the health of those around us. Please do not bring drugs, vapes, or alcohol to events.
Do not share personal or professional information about members without their consent. If someone trusts you with sensitive information, it is your absolute responsibility to protect that.
Do not be afraid to give feedback and notices to community managers. Your insights can remain anonymous. It’s our job to curate the audience and experience for everyone, and maintaining these standards is an important part of that.
Take Personal Responsibility
The Sovereign Individual takes radical accountability. Any outcome, whether good or bad, can relate back to your actions and your decisions. Be accountable for yourself and consider how you can improve every situation.
Participate and Engage
The value you will give and receive comes from interacting with members. We are just the facilitators of connection. Come to events when you can and proactively connect with others online. Don’t hesitate to DM someone just to chat.
This is your community as much as anyone else’s. Bring your founder and investor friends to events, encourage them to join, and help us build. The faster we grow, the sooner we unlock access to new markets and experiences for everyone.
By upholding these standards, we can all connect, collaborate, and grow together. In doing so, we are creating something more intentional and profound than the world has ever seen.